As their name implies, Subterranean Termites live beneath the soil. They create large underground nests and live in large colonies. They often build mud tubes to travel from the ground into the wood that they are feasting upon.
By the time you see Subterranean Termite wings, or mud tubes, the colony is well established and has likely already caused damage to your structure. The colonies are divided into castes with workers, soldiers, and reproductive.
- Workers forage for food, digest the cellulose in the wood they have consumed, and feed and groom the other termites in the colony.
- Soldiers defend the colony from intruders, mainly ants. They can not feed themselves though, they are fed by the workers.
- Reproductives, or alates are responsible for the growth of the colony. The queen can live up to 25 years and produce more than 2,000 eggs per day. When the conditions are right, alates, or swarmers, will fly from the colony, mate, and establish a new colony.
In order to eradicate Subterranean Termites from your Palm Springs property, we use their biology and behavior to our advantage.
Both a Barrier/Soil Treatment or installing a Baiting System around your home or business, relies upon the “transfer effect.”. The workers travel through and eat the product then return to the nest to feed and groom the others. Termites feed each other by passing food from mouth to mouth, thus the infected workers, infect the soldiers and the reproductives. Ultimately, the entire colony will be destroyed.
Drywood Termites in Palm Springs
Drywood Termites do not need to have any contact with the soil. They make their nests entirely in the wood that they are eating. Drywood Termite colonies send out alates, or swarmers, to create new colonies and expand their population. As the swarmers take flight, they drop their wings and mate. The mated queen will then find a hole or gap, and this location that she lays her eggs in will become a new Drywood Termite colony.
Typical nesting spots are gaps in siding, under eaves, under wood roofing shingles, and around window and door frames. If you wake up one morning to find wings in the windowsill or by the door, do not ignore this sign of Drywood Termites. Although Drywood Termites live in smaller colonies, you may have more than one colony in your Palm Springs home.
Tenting or fumigation was the only treatment available up until about 25 years ago. Fumigation involves putting a large tent over your home and releasing a gas that penetrates deep into the structure killing every termite under the tent. This process is expensive, involves a lot of prep work for you the homeowner, and requires that you leave your home for a few days.
If your Drywood Termite colony is accessible and limited in scope, your Nextgen Pest Solutions professional may recommend a No-Tent Treatment. A No-Tent Treatment involves applying termiticide directly into the termite gallery. When the termites from the colony come into contact with the termiticide they transfer it to rest of the termites and the colony is exterminated. This treatment method is convenient, effective, reasonably priced and guaranteed.
Schedule a Nextgen Termite Inspection Today
Before you lose sleep, you must know what you are facing. There are a lot of variables when dealing with living organisms such as insects.
When you call Nextgen Pest Solutions with a termite concern, our dedicated team of professionals will immediately schedule a thorough inspection of your property.
We are a veteran owned company and invest in top notch training and continuing education for our Palm Springs termite professionals. We provide free quotes and aim to educate our customers to give you complete peace of mind.
If you must get out of your house for a while, catch a Drive In Movie at the Lake Worth Swap Shop and Drive In. Don’t worry, once you call Nextgen Pest Solutions, your termites will be gone and you will be at peace in your home again.
- Customer Service Motivated – We will solve the problem
- Veteran Owned Company – High sense of duty and obligation to do the right thing and the ability to get the job done
- Available 24/7 – Same or next day appointments available
- Experienced – Over 20 years of pest control experience
- Entomologist on Staff – Up to date on latest scientific research, technology, and education.