Ant Control Company
It’s never just one ant. Ants are social insects. The presence of even one ant means that more are likely on their way, especially if they find something they need in your property. And when they do, they tend to swarm, sending not only entire lines of ants into your kitchen or bathroom, but also scouts that keep searching for more items they may need.
Some ants pose dangers to you and your family, such as the fire ant, which is local to the area. Other ants, like carpenter ants, eat away at your wood. Some ants stink, especially when squished. But most ants do not cause problems with your property. The main issue is their sheer number. It’s never one ant. It’s hundreds, potentially thousands, found not only in your food but also exploring your home, looking for more.
We treat for the following ants and more:
- Ghost Ants
- White-Footed Ants
- Big Headed Ants
- Black Crazy Ants
- Caribbean Crazy Ants
- Carpenter Ants
- Fire Ants
Nextgen Pest Solutions is a full service pest control company that can exterminate ants on any property and keep them from returning. We offer both one time and seasonal solutions to eliminate and prevent ants and other pests. To learn more about our ant control services or get a quote, call us today at (470) 336-4315.
Who We Are – Nextgen Pest Solutions
At Nextgen Pest Solutions, we believe in fighting pests with technology and science. Pest control is changing at a rapid pace, and we now have insecticides that are more effective, affordable, and safer for humans and pets. New techniques also make it possible to eliminate ants and other pests with less invasive treatments. Our expert local exterminators are continuously trained in these new methods to bring you the best in ant removal so that you can have both a pest-free home and peace of mind.
We provide ant control to both residential and commercial properties, and we can guarantee a complete removal of ants, or other pests, on any property. Whether you are looking for ongoing ant prevention or currently have an infestation, we are here to help with your pest challenges.
Ant Infestations in Your Home or Business
There are over 12,000 known ant species in the world, over 700 of which are found in the US, so every infestation can be a little different. The size, color, and behavior of the ants will often differ based on the species. Yet several factors remain the same for all ants.
Ants are highly social animals, living in colonies that range from a few hundred to over a million ants.
If you see one ant on your property, there is an entire colony nearby. The single ant will likely be acting as an explorer, seeking out food and water sources. Once located, the ants can carry that resource back to the nest or signal other ants to come follow them back in larger numbers.
Most ants are harmless to both humans and property. Some species, like fire ants, are an exception. They can quickly sting a person dozens of times, resulting in painful sores or even allergic reactions. Carpenter ants can behave like termites, tunneling through wood and damaging structures.
Even for ants that are harmless, an infestation can still be irritating. Killing the ants you see in your home often does nothing, as more ants from the colony will follow along later. They can reproduce quickly, laying hundreds of eggs per day for some species, and the queen can live for years. Additionally, colonies can split, multiplying the challenge of ant control.
Why Do I Have Ants?
Ant colonies will establish themselves in environments that provide for the same basic needs required by most animals. In many cases, homes and businesses offer all they need in terms of:
- Food – Many ants will go after human food, and the smallest crumbs can attract a hungry ant, although larger pieces of food are more commonly used to signal larger invasions. If you have ants nearby, any stray crumbs and unsealed packages can provide a food source for ants. Frequent cleaning of kitchen and dining areas, as well as proper food storage can remove potential food sources, though doing so regularly without any additional pest management is often unrealistic.
- Water – Like any animal, ants require water. Given their small size, small leaks can provide the water they need and areas where water collects, like toilets and sinks, can sustain a colony. Ensuring that there are no leaking pipes can help, as well as making sure places like crawl spaces are dry.
- Shelter – Ants seek out areas that are warm, dry, and safe from predators. Inside and around buildings provide the perfect shelter. By clearing brush and firewood and closing up entry points to your home, you can make it more difficult for ants to find shelter.
Because ants can pass through the smallest cracks and holes, they can easily make their way into buildings, traveling inside walls and along wires and pipes. This makes it possible for ants to spread quickly as they explore every inch of the building for food, water, and shelter.
Removing these resources can help prevent ants by making your home or property less desirable to a colony. However, professional treatments remain the only way to make sure ants do not come onto your property, as it can be difficult or even impossible to fully remove these resources even in the cleanest homes.
Nextgen Pest Solutions Ant Treatments and Ongoing Control Services
Depending on the species of ant and the challenges associated with the invasion, our ant treatment can differ. Many require treatment directly at the colony in order to stop an infestation, but others can be successfully treated with baits and traps elsewhere on the property. Using one or a combination of these methods can eliminate ants:
- Chemical Barriers – Using our safe, state of the art pesticides, we can create a barrier around your home or yard. Most ants will be repelled by the chemicals and those that do attempt to cross will be exterminated.
- Sealing Entry Points – To keep ants from entering your home or business, we seal visible cracks and holes that are found in the building’s foundation, around pipes and wires, and near windows and doors.
- Baits – Placed around the property, baits provide a poisonous food source for ants. Worker ants will carry this food back to the nest, effectively killing the entire colony.
- Treat the Colony Directly – To be eliminated entirely, many ant species require removing the colony. We track the ants back to the colony and treat it directly with ant-specific solutions.
Nextgen Pest Solutions can perform one time treatments on your property to eliminate any existing ants and keep ants from returning for an extended time. This is especially useful for invasions of dangerous ant species like fire ants, carpenter ants, pharaoh ants, and crazy ants. We can deal with any of these colonies quickly to prevent stings to building residents, or to stop damage to your property.
For ant control all year around, ongoing, seasonal pest control is the recommended method. With this service, we visit your property quarterly or bimonthly, depending on the risk factors for pests in your area. Each time, we use modern, long-lasting pesticides to create a protective barrier around your property, effectively preventing ants from entering.
Why Choose Nextgen Pest Solutions for Ant Control
When it comes to managing pests, it’s important to have a company you can trust for everything from ongoing pest control to unexpected emergencies. Pests happen at every property eventually and you want to be able to call a company that is ready to partner with you at a moment’s notice.
At Nextgen Pest Solutions, we can meet every pest control need. We use the most advanced treatments on the market, and our exterminators receive continuous training, making it possible for us to effectively exterminate pests more affordably and effectively than other companies.
We also make it our mission to employ veterans of the armed forces, ensuring that they have a job upon returning to civilian life. To learn more about our ant control services, or any of our pest control solutions, give us a call at (470) 336-4315. We have live agents available to speak with you 24/7.