Signs of Wildlife Infestations in Your Home or Business
While spotting an animal is the easiest way to tell if you have wildlife in your home, many animals are small and good at hiding. If they make their nests in your attic, walls, or other hard to reach areas, you might not realize you have a problem at first. Additionally, many wild animals are nocturnal and will be most active while you’re asleep.
Even if you don’t see wildlife, there are a few common signs that indicate they could be living in your home. Listen and watch for:
- Scratching or Rustling Noises – Often louder in the evening and at night when animals are more active, noises in the walls or attic can indicate mice, rats, squirrels, birds, or bats.
- Droppings – Animals in your home will leave droppings. The appearance will vary depending on the type of animal, but it is common to see them at entry points and around baseboards. Overtime, the build up of droppings can create a strong odor, as well as release potential harmful particles.
- Stains – Urine and oils from different animals can cause stains on walls and floors. These stains can also result in a tell-tale odor after a while.
- Bite Marks – Mice and rats might gnaw on wood and electrical wires, so you might see markings especially when looking behind walls.
Any of these signs is a reason to call a professional wildlife control company. At Nextgen Pest Solutions, we can provide inspections to confirm the presence of wildlife and make a plan for safe removal.
Wildlife Exclusion and Removal Services
Nextgen Pest Solutions is a humane wildlife company, meaning we rely on removal methods that don’t harm wildlife over extermination. For wildlife stuck in your home, we have the equipment and training to trap animals in your home and return them to nature.
Once your home is free of wildlife, we can take steps to prevent future animal invasions. These methods are designed to keep wildlife away, directing them back into nature or to a different property without causing harm. Prevention techniques include:
- Seal up holes and cracks around a home.
- Install caps on vents and chimneys.
- Insert underground barriers to keep out burrowing animals.
- Put mesh guards under roof eaves.
- Apply eco-friendly, pet-safe deterrents around a property.
In addition to removal and exclusion, we also offer extermination when necessary and dead animal removal. We’re here for all your wildlife challenges, no matter what they may be.
Emergency Wildlife Control – 24 Hour Service
Most wildlife is happier out in nature. Though they can come into homes or buildings looking for food, warmth, and shelter, they rarely stay there on purpose – often, they find themselves stuck inside. The presence of humans can be stressful for them, especially if the humans are frightened at the sight of a wild animal. As a result, the wild animal can often become defensive and desperate, damaging property and attacking in order to escape.
To protect both humans and wildlife, as well as property, wild animals should be returned to nature as soon as possible. We provide emergency assistance for any wild animal threats, and can be on hand quickly to remove animals from raccoons to squirrels and snakes to iguanas. Our emergency animal control service is available 24 hours a day, since we know that wild animal invasions can happen at any time.
Get Started with Nextgen Pest Solutions
For some people, a walk in a local park like Philippe Park here in Safety Harbor is as close as they want to get to nature. The idea of wildlife inside their homes – raccoons, snakes, mice, birds, or other animals – is stressful. This isn’t without reason, of course.
Wildlife in homes can be dangerous, and need to be removed quickly by a trusted professional company like Nextgen. With same day, next day, and emergency services, we can be on hand to make sure nature stays outdoors. Call us today for more information.