Relationships Between People and Wildlife
Some wild animals benefit more the closer they live to humans. Proximity gives them easy access to food through our trash and pantries, as well as the shelter our homes provide from predators and weather. After centuries building this dependent relationship, many animals have lost their fear of people in a process called synurbanization. Around Odessa, these include:
The loss of fear among wildlife has led to a greater possibility of home invasions. Animals are becoming braver, more willing to find their way into your homes and more aggressive when they are threatened.
This risk, along with the potential for other invading wildlife like bats, snakes, and opossums, has made the need for animal prevention and safe removal more important than ever.
Protecting Your Home with Exclusion
The most humane methods of keeping animals from coming into your home is through exclusion and deterrents. Instead of poisons that cause suffering to the animal and can put your family and own pets at risk, exclusion is the process of physically preventing animals from entering by removing any access points, such as:
- Cracks – The foundation and siding on a home wear over time and can eventually develop cracks. Even a space ¼” wide is large enough for a mouse to squeeze through. We look for any of these gaps and cover them with mortar, metal plating, or other construction materials.
- Doors and Windows – Frames that are pulling away from walls or doors with a gap at the bottom can create an opening for animals. We seal these gaps up with caulking and door sweeps.
- Eaves – The soffit, fascia, and eaves around your roof can have spaces through which animals can get into your attic. Finishing these spaces will keep bats, squirrels, and birds out.
- Vents and Chimneys – Heating and cooling systems provide direct access into your home. We can cap chimneys and place screening or guards over vents.
- Pipes – The space between pipes and walls can develop holes and rodents can crawl through uncovered pipes. We seek out and close up any holes.
- Outdoor Appliances – Solar panels, your HVAC unit, fuse boxes, and other machinery outdoors can provide a warm place for animals to can. We can limit access by installing screens, mesh, or guards.
Exclusion can also include physical or visual deterrents. For instance, bird spikes can keep birds from landing on ledges and objects that are continuously in motion can frighten them away.
Wildlife Removal Services
If wild animals have come inside your home to nest, they need to be removed by a professional. They should not be approached without the proper training and equipment as this can prompt the animal to attack or risks them becoming stuck.
We remove wildlife through live trapping, where possible, and extermination through traps for rodents. This humane method causes the least environmental harm. Our process is fast and our wildlife technicians are able to ensure that every animal has been taken care of.
Nextgen Pest Solutions is also one of the only companies to provide emergency wildlife removal in Odessa. Our response team can come to your home any time of the day and any day of the year to trap and remove a wild animal that is threatening your family.
Choose Nextgen Pest Solutions to Remove or Exclude Wildlife
Riding your bicycle along the Suncoast Trail is a great way to get exercise and spend some time observing nature. You’re likely to see a few birds, squirrels, and snakes as you go. But when you hang up your bike after a long ride, you want to also leave the wildlife on the trail, not find them inside your house.
With wildlife removal and exclusion from Nextgen Pest Solutions, you can trust that animals are removed, and will stay removed. Our guaranteed services are available same day or next day, in addition to our 24 hour emergency services, and suitable for both residential and commercial properties. Give us a call at the first sign of wildlife.