Risks of Wild Animals in a Home
Every wildlife invasion has risks. The anxiety alone can be a problem, as families hear noises in the walls or see messes the pests cause. But their presence is more than just an annoyance, as there are several risks to having wild animals in your home. These include:
- Damaged Insulation – Rats, mice, and raccoons in your walls can tear up insulation. Their droppings and food can also contaminate the material.
- Fire Risks – Mice and squirrels will often chew on the wiring that runs through walls. This can damage your electrical system, but can also cause a fire if the wire sparks.
- Droppings – In addition to looking unsightly, droppings can carry diseases and parasites. They can stain walls and flooring. Bird droppings are also corrosive and can ruin paint and machinery if not removed.
- Disease – Raccoons and bats can carry the rabies virus in Florida, transmitting it through a bite or scratch. Animals can also cause salmonella, Lyme disease, and more.
- Attacks – Even smaller animals can cause a painful injury if they attack to defend themselves. Any wild animal has the potential of hurting a person or pet if approached.
- Other Pests – As animals collect food in their hiding places, insect pests like ants and roaches can be drawn to the debris. An animal that has died inside your home will also attract flies, beetles, and other scavenger pests.
These risks make wildlife a serious problem that should be handled as quickly as possible. It should also be handled by a professional to both prevent potential attacks and ensure animals are completely removed.
Removal and Extermination Services
We tailor our Bayonet Point wildlife removal services to the type of animal inside your home. As a humane wildlife control company, we prioritize keeping animals alive whenever possible so they can be returned to a sustainable habitat. We do this by trapping the animals whenever possible with bait and cages, blocking their entry, or using deterrents, so that wildlife are kept away safely.
We also have extermination services for rats, mice, gophers, and moles that cannot be trapped. Our traps work quickly, handling rodents faster than they can breed for a complete removal of the pests.
When wildlife needs to be removed immediately, we also provide emergency services that can have a technician at your home in a few hours or less. This is ideal for cases such as a poisonous snake, wildlife with a possible rabies case, or a larger animal inside your home.
Wildlife Prevention Through Exclusion and Deterrents
The best way to prevent wildlife damage and attacks is to keep animals from entering your property in the first place. Dedicated products can be installed at different locations on a property that either discourage or physically prevent animals from entering. These include:
- Mesh Coverings
- Chimney Caps
- Bird Spikes
The exclusion process also seals up gaps and cracks that have developed in your home with construction grade materials. We patch holes in siding and foundations, replace soffit and fascia boards that are gaping, and correct any loose windows.
Protect Your Home from Wildlife with Nextgen Pest Solutions
Some animals are part of the family, and we gladly spoil them, like getting our dogs custom cakes from Doggie Cakes. Pet cats, snakes, birds, and rats are also much loved family members in many households.
But unwanted wild animals do not make good pets. They are not domesticated and not used to being around people. Their unknown history also makes them potential spreaders of disease. At Nextgen Pest Solutions, we are equipped to remove these animals to keep you and your family pets safe. Call us anytime for wildlife control services in Bayonet Point, FL, or to inquire about a free quote.