Nextgen Pest Solutions Offers:
- Same or Next Day Service
- Free, No-Obligation Inspection, Recommendation, and Quote
- Professional and Well-Educated Treatment Providers
- Veteran Owned Company
- Guaranteed Termite Eradication
There are many kinds of termites, each with different characteristics and treatments. To gain the upper hand with any species of termite, you must understand their behaviors.
Subterranean Termites in Belle Glade
In addition to the common Eastern Native Subterranean Termites, invasive species of Subterranean Termites are quickly taking over large areas in South Florida. University of Florida Entomologists believe that by the year 2040 over half of the structures in Florida will be at risk of infestation by Subterranean Termites.
Subterranean Termites live and nest in the ground; they travel through mud tubes between their nest and the wood that they are feeding upon. Sometimes their nest is as far as 300 feet away from your home. One Subterranean Termite colony may even be feeding upon more than one structure at a time!
Termites are considered eusocial creatures, meaning they cooperatively care for their young, overlapping generations live together, and there is a clear division of labor. Termites are divided into workers, soldiers, and reproductive.
- Worker termites forage for food, digest the cellulose from the wood they have consumed, and feed and groom the other termites.
- Soldier termites defend the colony from attack with their strong jaws
- Reproductive queens lay eggs, and alates, or swarmers, fly from the nest to establish a new colony.
Nextgen Pest Solutions uses our knowledge of termite biology and behavior to eliminate the colony from your home. Since Subterranean Termites live and nest in the ground, the treatment must access the soil.
There are two main options for Subterranean Termites. Both of these treatments rely on the fact that the worker termites groom and feed the others to ensure colony destruction.
- Soil/Barrier Treatment – A chemical barrier is placed in a trench around your home. The termites can not smell, feel, or taste, the chemical. In the process of traveling from your home to their nest, they will come into contact with the chemical and transfer it to all the other termites in the colony when they return to the nest. Remember, the workers feed and groom the soldiers and reproductive. Ultimately, the colony, including the queen is eliminated.
- Termite Bait Stations – Rather than digging a trench and applying termiticide to the soil, specifically designed bait stations can be placed in the ground around the perimeter of your home. Your Nextgen Pest Solutions Service provider will monitor these bait stations for termite activity. At the first sign of termite activity, we will place a cartridge with termiticide in the bait station. Just as with a soil treatment, the termites will bring the termiticide back to the colony eventually killing all the termites. In addition to being a solution to a termite infestation, installing bait stations around your home in Belle Glade is a great tool for monitoring termite activity and catching any termite infestation early.
Drywood Termites in Belle Glade
Drywood Termites do not live in the soil, but rather the entire colony nests in the wood that they are actively consuming. Drywood Termite colonies are smaller than Subterranean Termite colonies, but it is possible to have more than one colony in your home.
Typical nesting sites are under wooden shingles, eaves, or siding. They are also often found in window and door frames and furniture, particularly antiques. Usually, the first sign of Drywood Termites are thousands of winged swarmers flying towards a light in your home in the evening time. Upon closer inspection you may find frass, or termite fecal matter piled up near the infestation site. Drywood Termites drill very small holes near the surface of the wood and kick their fecal matter out of their nests. This frass resembles coffee grounds or sawdust.
A successful Drywood Termite treatment must access the termites in their gallery. Depending on the specific set of circumstances, you can choose to fumigate your home or perform spot treatments in the location of the termite infestation.
Fumigation requires extensive preparation by you the homeowner before a large heavy-duty tent is placed over your entire home. Your home is then filled with a gas called Vikane. This gas can penetrate the wood in your home or business and will kill anything in the wood.
An alternative to fumigation is called a “Spot Treatment” or “No-Tent Termite Treatment”. Your Nextgen Termite Professional will access the Drywood Termite gallery and inject termite product directly into their nest. With this guaranteed treatment, there is no need to leave your home for three to four days, it is less expensive, and much less prep for you!
Call Today for a Free Inspection
With the different kinds of termites, the different treatment options, and the different behaviors and characteristics of the termites, it can become overwhelming. Call today, and we will send out an experienced termite professional to assess your situation and educate you on the options.
Our goal is to prevent expensive structural damage to your home and evict the termites from Belle Glade! Belle Glade has a unique and diverse history. The Belle Glade Chamber of Commerce has an excellent overview of its history and local events.