Why Rat Control in Atlanta, GA?
Rats are a serious pest concern for both residential and commercial properties. Rats can spread disease to humans and cause significant damage to a property, both the building itself and the assets inside. Not only can they make a home unhealthy to live in – their presence in both the home and a place of business can negatively affect property value, and hurt the customer experience.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that rats are able to transmit 35+ diseases to humans via bites, urine, feces, and parasites. Some of these diseases include:
- Rat-Bite Fever
- Lassa Fever, and more
It only takes one rat to spread disease, and rats breed quickly which increases the risk for disease over time. Rats also like to chew threw your items, damaging property and increasing the risk of fire. Rodents are infamous for being able to reproduce quickly and in large numbers, and rats are no exception. Female rats can:
- Live up to three years.
- Start having babies once they’re three months old
- Give birth within three weeks of getting pregnant
- Have 7-22 babies per litter
Untreated, a rat problem could mean many of these damaging pests all throughout the year.
Rats can also cause a great deal of property damage. They chew wood furniture and electrical wiring extensively. The latter can be especially dangerous because of the potential frayed wires have to start fires. Signs of their presence is perhaps most noticeable in the kitchen or any other area human or pet food is kept. They are very adept at chewing through food packaging and contaminating any food they’re able to get into.
How Do You Know If You Have Rats?
Presence of a rat on your property is the clearest sign that you need rat control in Atlanta. But there are other signs of rat problems as well. Pay attention to any and all of the following signs of rats:
- Droppings, especially near baseboards and where food is kept.
- Damage from chewing in food packages and pantry cabinet wood.
- Sounds like scratching or gnawing in walls, especially at night.
- Pets barking, pawing, or staring at certain areas on walls and beneath furniture.
Although there are some at-home measures you can take to reduce the number of rats on your property, it’s difficult to effectively remove all of them without professional pest control experience.
The Rat Control Process
Nextgen Pest Solutions offers affordable rat extermination and control for homes and businesses throughout the Greater Atlanta area. Our process includes:
- Rat Inspection – We will thoroughly inspect your property for signs of rodents, and identify if there is a rat problem.
- Rat Control and Extermination – We will lay effective, strategic traps all around your property so that we can catch and kill any rats that live in your walls and home.
- Rat Exclusion – Rats only enter properties when there is an easy way to get inside. Exclusion is a critical process where we eliminate all small holes and entrances that pests can use.
Rats are great at avoiding traps and hiding from potential predators, but our pest control technicians are armed with knowledge of their behaviors and experience in the field. Made up of veterans of the armed forces, Nextgen Pest Solutions is the best choice for your rat control, and all of your pest control services. Contact us today for a no obligation quote, and let our team utilize all their skills in making sure your property is pest-free and pest-proof quickly.