Dangers of Wildlife Inside a Home
Despite their size, even small wildlife like mice and bats that measure only a few inches can still pose a large threat to homes and the people inside them, especially as their nests begin to multiply. Larger animals like raccoons, opossums, snakes, and birds can also be a problem if not safely handled. Some of the common risks of wildlife include:
- Structural Damage – Mice and rats can eat through insulation as they form their nests in walls. Other animals can make holes in siding, roofs, floors, and ceilings as they move through your home.
- Cosmetic Damage – Unsightly droppings from nesting birds, bats, and other animals not only look unclean, they can also damage the paint or material underneath.
- Fire Risk – Rodents will often chew through electrical wiring inside walls. This can cause sparking damage to circuits, and potentially even start a fire in your home.
- Disease – Many species of wildlife can carry diseases which, when transmitted to humans, require comprehensive medical treatment. These diseases are often spread through the droppings or a bite from the animal.
- Attacks – Whether or not the wildlife are known vectors of disease, all it takes is a bite, scratch, or strike from an animal trying to defend itself inside your home can be painful and traumatic. This especially puts children and pets at risk.
Although food, water, and shelter are what often draw animals into homes and yards, these settings can also be dangerous for the animal. Many species cannot safely consume human food and their increasing dependence on people for survival can be detrimental. Additionally, animals can become trapped in homes. Removing wild animals both protects people and is an environmentally friendly choice.
Wild Animal Removal and Prevention Services
To prevent harm to people or property, Nextgen uses a variety of services to remove and keep out wild animals. We use live trapping and removal, a modern and humane method of wildlife control, to capture the invading animals and take them off of your property. Often we can return them to natural habitats that are safer for the animal as well.
We also use extermination when animals cannot be safely trapped alive. With both live trapping and extermination, you can feel confident that your home is well taken care of.
Exclusion Services for Homes in Ruskin
Exclusion is the process of removing animals and preventing them from re-entering your home, whether you are already dealing with an infestation or live in an area at risk for wildlife invasions. We create and install physical barriers to exclude animals, and our team is experienced in locating the smallest gaps through which nuisance wildlife could enter your home.
Emergency Wildlife Control
For moments when an animal invades during the night or on a weekend, we also offer emergency assistance. Nextgen Pest Solutions knows that there is no time to delay when you have an animal inside your home, putting you and your family in danger. That is why we are one of the few to offer emergency wildlife control in Ruskin, available all day, every day, 365 days a year.
Our agents are available over the phone 24 hours a day. When you call with an animal emergency, we can quickly have someone at your home to trap, remove, or exterminate the animal. Even if the wildlife at your property is not an emergency, we can still be there quickly with same day and next day services within normal business hours.
Choose Nextgen for Wildlife Control
Hiking through the Wolf Branch Creek Nature Preserve, you might see birds, squirrels, a snake, or a raccoon. Spotting these animals in their natural habitat can be exciting and enjoyable – but having them indoors in your own home is usually alarming and potentially dangerous.
Whether you are actively facing a wild animal or can only hear them rustling in your walls or attic, any wildlife on your property should be removed as soon as possible. At Nextgen Pest Solutions, we know that fast service is necessary for both safety and your peace of mind, so we work around your schedule. Give us a call to set up your appointment for wildlife removal and exclusion.