What Animal Is Living in My Walls
Homes and buildings often provide a promising nesting place for wild animals. There is warmth and shelter from the outdoor elements. Our homes also generally have few predators and provide food options for animals, such as trash cans and kitchens.
Many animals take up residence in unused openings in a home, such as inside walls, in attics, in crawl spaces, and beneath patios. If an animal is present, you’ll likely hear scratching or some movement from within your walls. You can often determine what type of animal it is from these signs:
- Birds – A bird that flies into your house through an open door will be particularly obvious. For birds that are nesting near attics, solar panels, or siding, you might notice a nest, the noise of chicks, droppings collecting against your siding, or birds frequently swooping near your home.
- Raccoons – Because of their larger size, damage from a raccoon is often more noticeable. Knocked over garbage cans, droppings similar in size to a dog’s, holes in siding, and increased noise from activity in early evening and at night are signs of a racoon infestation.
- Squirrels – These animals are active in the daytime, especially morning and evening. They are also generally found in higher up locations like attics that provide them easier access to nearby trees.
- Mice or Rats – If you haven’t seen a rodent scurrying across the floor, you can often confirm their presence through pellet droppings and holes chewed into walls, clothing, and food containers.
- Bats – Attics and siding are the most common spaces for bats to nest. They are most active just after sunset as they emerge to feed, and you can often see them leaving your house if you go outside at that time. Other signs of bats can include a black residue and collections of droppings near their entry point.
In addition to these common wildlife invaders, we also have solutions for snakes, armadillos, opossums, skunks, and yard pests like moles and gophers.
Our Wildlife Control Approach
We have experience with all types of wildlife native to central Florida and our technicians are trained in the latest practices for the safe handling of animals. They also understand the behaviors of different wildlife pests, enabling them to target the wildlife that threatens your property.
We also have a humane wildlife control process. This means we do not use extermination unless there are no other options. Instead we trap and relocate animals if they have entered your home. We also promote preventative measures to keep wildlife out altogether.
Wildlife Exclusion and Deterrents
Almost every home or building has areas an animal can crawl through. Even the spaces that are an inch long can fit a determined mouse or small bat. These spaces can exist from the initial construction or might develop over time due to wear on the building.
For wild animal control, we begin with an inspection property to identify any animals currently living there and how they are entering. This can entail entering attics, crawl spaces, garages, and other areas animals prefer to hide.
We then remove animals present and close off the entry points. Sealing can be done with:
- Nets or Wire Mesh
- Metal Plates
- Fascia Boards
Most homes require a variety of different exclusionary tools to address each area. When complete, it will be impossible for an animal to enter the house outside of an open door.
For areas that cannot be excluded, such as with birds landing on surfaces or equipment, we can also place physical deterrents on the property. These include reflective tapes, moving mechanisms, bird spikes, and sloped ledges that make birds less likely to land.
Emergency Wildlife Services
Nextgen Pest Solutions is one of the few wildlife control companies serving New Port Richey to provide emergency services. Wildlife invasions can happen when least expected, but need to be taken care of promptly. We offer 24/7 service. If a large animal is inside your home or business, we can be there quickly to remove it.
Contact Nextgen Pest Solutions to Get Started
A fresh cup of coffee from Mountaineer Coffee in downtown New Port Richey is the preferred way to get the morning started for many people. If you were up all night struggling with animals on your property, chances are you’ll need that extra shot of coffee.
For any wildlife challenge in your home, whether it’s in your living space, attic and walls, or elsewhere on your property, Nextgen Pest Solutions has rapid service ready to help. We know an animal invasion can be stressful, but our technicians will work promptly and carefully so you can be sure your home is safe. Get started with wild animal control by calling us today.