DIY Critter Control
If you have ever planted a garden and enjoyed watching your plants grow to their full potential, then you might have experienced that one day when you go to check on your plants and a pesky critter has destroyed all of your hard work. Some of the larger critters that may be the culprits are rabbits, skunks, and racoons, just to name a few.
The first step in controlling these pests is identifying them. Raccoons are attracted to accessible compost piles. Skunks love to eat the grubs that can be prevalent in lawns. Rabbits like to eat things in your garden like carrots. If the pests are attracted to something that can be removed, then the solution is simple. However, if not, then you need to remove the pests. Traps and poisons are common treatments, but can also be dangerous to your garden.
Here is a list of a few natural recipes to try at home:
– Spraying your plants with 1 egg mixed with ¼ cup of water may deter things like deer from nibbling on your garden foliage
– Placing cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil where you have seen recent rodent activity is a good way to keep them at bay.
– Sprinkling cayenne or ground pepper around your plants directly on the soil will help get rid of rabbits
– Red pepper flakes work wonders for raccoons
– Hot sauce mixed with liquid dish soap will also help keep deer away
Try some of these easy and quick homemade pest solutions in your garden this summer and you should have a health and thriving garden in no time. If you are still having pest problems after this, it may be time to hire a professional Hernando County, FL Pest Control Company. At Nextgen Pest Solutions, we are here to handle all of your critter control and pest control needs.